Here is a beautiful before and after from House Pretty.
Painting to look like stone:
- Get some granite-look countertop paint from Giani—it comes in a kit that covers 35 square feet and costs about $70 (much cheaper than buying new countertops!).
- Thoroughly remove grease and grime with a scouring pad and water.
- Fix damaged areas with wood filler and sand with 600-grit sandpaper.
- Paint a coat of the black primer which comes in the kit. Let dry for 8 hours.
- Dab on mineral colors of paint with a sponge (practice on paper first), avoiding streaks and stripes. Let dry for 4 hours.
- Apply the topcoat after lightly sanding the countertop surface. Let dry for 4 hours.
- Wait a few more hours before setting anything heavy on the countertops, and keep them dry for about 2 weeks so they can properly cure.
Beautiful project from Today’s Home Owner.