Small spaces don’t have to be the end of your decorating creativity. You can do plenty with any sized space. Seriously! Here are 27 amazing decorating tips to make your small space look absolutely incredible.
1. Utilize wall space with a high shelving unit. Many people overlook this great space in between the couch and ceiling. Install some shelves, and you have a great at home library.
2. If you don’t have the space for a dining room table, turn an in table into a really chic eating space. It’s great for movie nights or sporting events, you don’t even have to turn to see the television!
3.You can never have too much storage space! Especially in small areas! Turn your bed into a storage area. No one will even know what you have hiding under there!
4. If installing shelving above your couch was not meant for you, install shelves into corners instead. Corners are often an overlooked area when decorating, and it is often unused.
5. Use the space behind your doors to hang towels, store shoes, or other items. Think of the closet space this could create!
6. Mirrors make any space seem larger. Install large ones on a focal wall and your room will appear much bigger!
7. Choose smaller furniture when outfitting your space. Pick pieces that have smooth lines.
8. Cup of Jo recommends investing in pretty cleaning supplies. If there isn’t room for a broom closet, you may as well like the way your broom looks in the corner!
9. If you have the area, use the space under the stairs to store clothes, decorations, or anything else. This bookshelf is great!
10. Use your walls as a storage space. Hang baskets or other items on your wall, for a fun and functional look.
11. Install a pull down desk to do your work on. It collapses easily, and looks great in use or folded up! Get the DIY instructions here.
12. Turn your counter top into a cute and functional storage area. Be sure you don’t over-store on your counter top!
13. If you live in a studio apartment, or have children that share a room, turn a curtain into a great room partition.
14. Hang hard to store clothes on special hooks (in this case, they’re just shower curtain rings.) Think of all the drawer space these would have originally took up!
15. Install a rod and hang your cooking utensils as a kind of art deco back splash! Use all the space you have available!
16. If you have a small bathroom, floating shelves could be the solution to your worries. Store your products on the shelves. Idea from Graceful Order.
17. Shelves can be put anywhere, even over your sink. Perfect for toothbrushes, soap, and other bathroom necessities.
18.Choose furniture pieces that have multiple uses. For example, this bedside table could make a great drink cart for entertainment!
19. Avoid clutter! When living in a small space, an accumulation of clutter can really make your space look smaller.
20. If you live in a tiny apartment (or home) chances are, you don’t have a ton of closet space! Be creative with your closet, and maybe even embrace one on wheels!
21. Don’t be afraid of DIYing it! This great pallet bed adds a cool feel to any space, and it’s great for storage!
22. Always mount your electronics on the wall. You’d be surprised at how much space that television takes up!
23.Pegboards are a great way to maximize the storage capacity throughout your home. They look great too!
24. Choose the right paint color. Using certain colors can make a room look a lot smaller. Use this guide from HGTV for small space painting.
25. If you are lacking bathroom space, and none of the storage options mentioned work for you, consider using a shower caddy to store your products in the shower. This makes for easy access!
26.If you are sentimental, and don’t want to throw away any of your items, use cute boxes to hide clutter and create a uniform look.
27.Turn your coffee table into a clever way to store DVDs, blankets, and other items.